Food Service Aide
- Under the direction of the principal, and in compliance with St. John XXIII Catholic School, the purpose of this position is to actively participate in the daily operations of the hot lunch program. Team participation and good working relations with staff and pupils are essential; to provide an efficient hygienic service, to achieve customer satisfaction, and to promote sales within the unit.
- Short distance driving required with paid mileage.
Complies with all federal, state, and local regulations and policies for the School Lunch program
- Responsible for informing Food Service Director of needs regarding purchasing kitchen supplies for cooking and cleaning
- Responsible for the preparation of all foods in accordance with the daily menu
- Utilizes proper rotation of all food items
- Applies work simplification principles to organize work areas
- Practices correct sanitation principles
- Promotes quality customer service
- Cooperates with the food service staff and building staff
- Actively supports a courteous and pleasant environment
- Creates a pleasant serving atmosphere for students and staff
- Completes paperwork and reports in a timely fashion
- Must be reliable and work well independently
- Work requires frequent standing, walking, reaching, bending/twisting and lifting
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must go through Safeguarding All God’s Children class and criminal background checks
- Attends meetings/workshops as required
- Assists in preparing, cooking, and serving food to students
Hourly part-time (20-25 hrs) position Monday-Friday.
Please send your letter of interest and arch application to Principal Klein at [email protected] Call the school office directly with any questions or concerns. 262-284-2682